From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

good news gospel vs bad news gospel

I was reading a forum this morning and the question was asked to describe what it means to be a disciple. The first answer was a good response to define it, but the second one was a response of what being a disciple is not. Why do we feel so compelled to always have to mention the "not". Is it something in our tradition that causes us to use the negative for definitions. I do admit the negative does help define something, but wouldn't it be better if we exhausted the positive aspects first.
I think it is much better to teach the "good" news of the gospel instead of the bad news gospel. John 3:17 says Jesus came to save not condemn.
The thread did continue in a positive vein which was good.
Blogging is good, I can express my opinions and no one has to listen if they don't want it.

1 Comments:

Blogger darrylant said...

Customer-Facing Blogs
Now that there's a case for blogging in the enterprise environment, you may want to know more about how to convert blogs to cash.
Hi, stopped by to read your great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a caribbean private villa rental site/blog. It pretty much covers caribbean private villa rental related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home