From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

possible parable

I had a chance to learn about striping the stain and sealant off a log house this weekend. I spent a few hours helping a friend do this to his house. He has been at it for almost a week now. Different friends have been helping him as they can. It is something I would never try and he said he never would again either. Since I was just a helper, basically the gofer, I stood around a lot and had time to comtemplate. One thing I learned was that the part of the house that didn't get much sun was harder to take off than that which was exposed to lots of sun. A sand blaster machine was used take off the stain, but instead of sand he used ground up corn cobs. Sand is too abrasive.
Now to the point, since I have been teaching about the parables, the thought came to me could this be a parable. What if the stain on the logs was sin and the cob was the blood of Jesus which takes away sins. The use of sand would also take off the stain but it would also destroy the wood. Our dying for our sins will pay the penalty as Jesus' blood did but our death will destroy us. I am not sure about the application of the sun or lack of sun. Could more exposure to God made forgiving easier? I am not sure about that.
Well, gotta stop and get to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Hill said...

Glad to see you have internet at work, I know that will be a blessing for your slow times. I look forward to reading more posts.

Haven't given your new parable a ton of thought, but I do have this to offer. The sins that we expose to the light through confession can be cleaned more easily than the ones we keep to ourselves and hide in the dark. However, all sins need the gentle blast of the savior to wash them away.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home