From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Pushing the envelop

This Sunday morning meeting time is going to to be different. We have been doing lessons on discipleship and last week the sermon was on the beatitudes. This week we are continuing with the beatitudes, but with a different method of presentation. We are opening up with some of our youth acting out the beatitudes and then later we will be watching the part of the Matthew video that includes the beatitudes. Then the conclusion will be a group discussion on the beatitudes. I hope it will get us to seriously consider the meanings of these verses and not just think, "oh, the beatitudes again." When we get together I feel we need to get as much participation as possible and as people are willing to do. We also need to make the informationn(teaching) we share helpful during the rest of the week. Bible knowledge that you don't know how to use on Monday morning at work, or at home with the kids is not what God intended. I pray that our effort will help us and praise God.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

John,
Excellent point about getting people involved. Too often we have made Sunday morning a performance and observation of a few people talking at us.

Good job.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home