From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Monday, November 24, 2008

How Do You Look at God's Word? part 6


I was sort of wondering where to go with this next post. I must confess that I have rewritten it several times. I have finally decided to just tell you how I decide what to pick and choose from the Bible. I know using the terms "pick and choose" sound bad when applied to the Bible, and I thought of listing examples where we actually do this but I decided not to, as this series of posts is getting pretty long, at least for me. I figure either you recognize that we all do it or you don't.

I read and apply the Bible based on these concepts: (1) God loves me and wants the very best for me, (2) He wants me to love Him in return, and to follow His commands, (3) He wants me to love my neighbors and help them out anyway I can. In this way I believe God's word is applicable to any age and any culture.

God's word spoke to Moses, in his age, and in his way.
God's word spoke to David, in his age, and in his way.
God's word spoke to Paul, in his age, and in his way.
God's word speaks to us, in our age, and in our way.

This view probably would not be described as a scholarly one, but to me it fits the story that reveals God's relationship to people. Does it answer every question that can be asked, I doubt it? But if I knew all the answers then I would be God.

If you have made it through all these posts, thanks for your time. Shalom

1 Comments:

Anonymous Maine Dating said...

Thank you for providing a precised and compact delivery of your article. I gain fresh ideas and option as I read this. Good luck.

Maine Dating

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home