From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Difficult Questions


Last Friday was our third Celebrate Recovery meeting and we had new people attend. More good news, even through the leadership team is still learning, we are having people return each week, we feel good about that.


I was noticing a difference in the way CR's small groups are run and a "normal Bible class". They are both based on the Bible and use lots of scripture, but a major difference is in the types of questions asked. In the Bible class the questions are looking for answers from the Bible, usually a fact, or a general application to life. Rarely is a personal answer required. The CR questions all require a personal answer. "How does this affect you?" "What are you doing about this?" From my background these are hard questions to answer, I have been into factual answers, or this is the way the church should do it or not do it. The CR questions if answered truthfully are hard to answer because they demand openness and commitment. I am impressed.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Its kind of like the missional church gospel. Instead of telling people in the Recovery Culture how to think CR seems to bring the gospel to them and their culture and ask, "How does this apply to your culture?"

For instance forgiveness (the Greek word means letting go) has less to do with feelings toward another person and more to do with dealing with anger and unresolved issues.

Great work and I am excited you all are working with CR.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home