From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Remembering Heroes


These figures are from the Marines Times and Encyclopedia of War (vol.1-3), They serve as a reminder that freedom is not cheap. I am honored to have served in the USAF and to remember all those men and women who gave up time in their lives, who were injured and who died to keep this country free.

American Revolution: 4,435 died
War of 1812: 2,260 died
Mexican War: 13,283 died
Civil War: 529,511 died (perhaps quite a lot more, but records are incomplete)
Spanish-American War: 2,446 died
World War I: 116,516 died
World War II: 405,399 died
Korean War: 36,574 died
Vietnam War: 58,209
Grenada (Operation Urgent Fury): 19 died
Persian Gulf War: 383
Panama (Operation Just Cause): 23 died
Somalia (Operation Restore Hope): 43
The Iraq War: 4,564 (and counting)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home