From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Seder Meal


Wednesday night we had our usual supper at the building, but since it is the week before Easter we decided to do some different. We had a Seder meal along with our regular meal. It has been a long time since I have done one these, in fact I don't think I have ever done a complete one. We did a modified non-kosher version this time. It was interesting to go through the ceremony, read the blessings, and think about what those actions meant.

One new bit of information I learned was that during the taking of the second cup (the cup of deliverance) they spilled a little wine in memory of the Egyptians who suffered through the plagues.

Another interesting part was the hiding part of the Afikomen,the middle piece of matzoh, and letting the children find it for a reward. This seems very similar to Easter egg hunting and reward.

We had about 25 people involved and they all said it was a very enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home