From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

something is missing

On my way to Cody last week I passed by a large grain elevator complex. Farmers raise a lot of barley around here and it is harvest season. This means there are train loads of barley leaving quite often. In fact there was a train leaving just as I was driving by, but something was happening I had never seen before. The train was about a quarter of a mile down the tracks when it stopped, as I drove by I noticed that a caboose and a grain car had become separated from the train, and there were men running towards each other from both the main section of the train and the caboose part. I have never seen a train lose some of its cars before.

Carol has been gone to Estes Park for a Sweet Adeline's training workshop this past weekend, so I have been bumping around an empty house. It is interesting the different feeling I have when she is going to be gone several days and nights as opposed to just being gone for the day even if it is until late at night. When both of us are home it is not uncommon for us to go to bed at different times. Going to bed without her, but knowing she is in the house just feels different than going to bed when she is not home.

The train crew realised something was missing and stopped to fix it. Something is definitely missing when Carol will not be home for the night. I can't really fix it, so I just look forward to when she will be home.

When my relationship with God lapses, something is definitely missing. I don't really notice it slipping away, but then I notice things aren't going well and I wonder why. Duh! I let God go missing from my life. As soon as I get back, things are better.

The moral - if something is missing and you can do something about it , Do it.

2 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

So is Carol your caboose? :) :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

I pretty much know *exactly* what you mean.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home