From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Friday, August 03, 2007

The Deathly Hallows


Well, I finished Harry Potter book seven yesterday morning. I had the morning off so I took time to finish the book. I enjoyed this one as much as the others, and I was not disappointed in the ending. For those who haven't read the book and want to keep the ending a secret !!!!! STOP HERE!!!!!.
I knew Snape was on Dumbledore's side all the way through, although I didn't realize the root cause of his allegiance. I expected Dumbledore to reappear as anytime, so I missed on that one. The appearance of Aberforth was almost as good as he saved the trio several times. Carol had a good point in that the reason for Dumbledore's wanting Snape to kill him was pretty weak. His reason was so he could die quickly with no pain, as in euthanasia. We thought it would have been more in keeping with the story line, if his death was presented as a sacrifice, which is what it was. I didn't think Harry was as broody in this one as in several of the last ones and I liked that.

I can feel the withdrawal symptoms beginning, oh no!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home