From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Does your voice smile?


Actions that can just make some one's day are often just a few simple words of encouragement. Simple having a big impact, it must be a God thing. It seems to be a requirement for all checkers to say, "Have a nice day." Some say it with enthusiasm and others just mumble it as they hand you the receipt. Do you ever respond back? A little positive feedback can make a long shift bearable.

Ever tied to put a smile in your voice? It really makes a difference how people respond to you. Some people just seem to do it naturally, I love talking to those people. Then there are people like me who have to work at it. I don't intentionally try to sound angry, but unless I think about smiling I usually come across as not happy, or so I have been told. So join me and put a smile in your voice especially when others can't see your facial expressions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Judy Fitzgerald said...

Johnny - today your blog about does your voice smile impacted my life. I spoke with a customer on the phone whose voice does smile. and I asked her if she was always this happy... then after I got off the phone I googled "a smile in your voice" and found you. Your thoughts and her voice made me want to be a person whose voice does smile. I just wanted to let you know that you made a difference today... with me.. and others because I shared your blog with my facebook world... and with Amy the customer because I called her back and told her that her voice smiled and how it lead me to your blog and that she made a difference today also... which made a difference with her... so continue to pay it forward and know that your thoughts a few years ago madea difference today May 12, 2010.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home