From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Sun Shine


Winter cold has finally hit Wyoming. Last week and thru the weekend it was down to -17 with wind chill about -30, but below 0 it really doesn't matter. Over the weekend the daytime highs rose up to a balmy +10 and the sun was shining, so I was able to walk some everyday. I noticed when I was out and a cloud came over the sun, the cold quickly became oppressive even if the temperature was the same.

This is very similar to how I feel when I let worry, self-pity, or some other similar emotion shield me from God. He is still there, but like that sun, shielded from me. I don't feel cold when shielded from the Father but depressed and helpless.

I can't make the clouds go away, but I am learning how to bring God back into view with the warmth of His Grace and comfort. How this happens I am not quite sure, but a thought comes through and says, "It doesn't have to be like this, remember you are a child of God," or something like that. Must be the Spirit, don't you think. Thank you God.

2 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Great pictures. I have never seen that side of WY. Only I-80 which is much more desolate.

Ron

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

Brr. Nice photo, Dad.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home