From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Patience, How much do I need?


Patience. I sometimes wonder if it is really necessary? But then I see the results of having patience and understand a little bit better. I know I have more time to read and think than most people and this allows me to come to conclusions, before others hardly get started. The problem arises when I want them to come the same conclusions (assuming I am right) I have without giving them the time to study and think it out. Patience I am learning to tell myself, give them some time.
Forcing myself to have some patience, has given me the time to stop and look at what is happening and see that God really is answering our prayers, because rushing around seems to limit my point of view to a narrow strip and I miss what is happening round about me. But then another part of me says slowing to a crawl won’t get you anywhere. I need to find the right mixture, which I believe can happen with the help of the Spirit. I pray for the faith to let it happen.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Good post John.

I wonder sometimes if patience is the ability to see the bigger picture. When we see the bigger picture we may see progress. Yet if there is no progress that might be a good time to push or challenge others to grow--as well as ourselves.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home