From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Don't Be Afraid


Our lesson this past Sunday am was on "not being afraid". The main point was Jesus has given us the Holy spirit, so we shouldn't be afraid because we are not alone. I have been thinking about when I am afraid, and it is mostly when I think I am alone or when there is no one to help me with what seems an impossible task. I remember on nights when I was the only one in the house and laying in bed and listening to the house creak and groan. But if someone else was there, I didn't hear those same creaks and groans. Also I am old enough to worry about my health, and although I do what I can, there is very little I can actually do about that.


So what keeps me sane - my trust in God. I do believe I am not alone no matter how many creaks and groans I hear. I don't know what the future holds and that is scary, but I keep telling myself I don't have to face it alone, whatever it is.


God has and is taking care of me in two important ways. He has given me a supportive family, and especially a wife that been through everything with me. Secondly He has given me His Spirit.


So I keep telling myself, "Don't be afraid, you are not alone.!" Thank you God.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Thanks John,
I am preaching out of Haggai Sunday and your thoughts have helped me reflect on God's presence among the people. "I am with you" is a very common phrase in the Bible. Seems that God wants us to know this--over and over again.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home