From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Dependence

Dependence on God is one of the foundation stones of Christianity. Yet it is so hard to live up to the claim of "I will depend on God to handle it." I think it is because we have been ingrained with the notion that we can do it ourselves and in fact we have to do it ourselves, that depending on anyone else even God is just unamerican. Of course, as I think about it that statement it probably only applies to a certain segment of American society. Usually it takes running up against a situation that is totally beyond our control, before we seek God's help. Hopefully we can learn from the experience and begin to trust God with more and more of our life. This is where I am - hopefully letting God control more of my life although it is hard not to step in, and take back control. The "take control" part in really just a fantasy that I delude myself with, but it sounds good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one who has done about all I've set out to do (farm, private pilot, EMT I and II, skiing along with bing a ski patroler) I can understand the 'I'll do it myself!'
In some ways, isn't the Mosiacal Law a system of saving themselves. I mean 'you do this and be saved.' But, they failed in that and it seems God used the Law to show us we can't do it selves.
To just trust Him is hard; to Let go and let Him.

Max

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home