From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Monday, September 04, 2006

A laborless Labor Day (Almost)


It is amazing how many people have to work on Labor Day. As I remember Labor Day was started to honor the working person and their contributions to the economy with parades and festivals. Small town America still holds to this tradition as most of the stores are closed on Monday. I had a three day weekend which was good. We spent 2 of our three days in the mountains. On Sunday afternoon I went for a motorcycle ride with a friend, great fun. We didn't do any overnight camping and so we got to take care of the animals of our friends that were camping. We spent most of Saturday up with our friends the Elzeys and Idemas in the Beartooth mountains. Monday we drove to Red Lodge MT and then over Beartooth Pass which is one of the most scenic roads in America and back home. The little bit of labor I did have to do only consisted of pitching some hay for three horses morning and night for three days and mowing the yard. I know, I have easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home