From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Teaching an old dog new tricks


Well, my 62nd birthday has come and gone and it wasn't a big deal, although Several interesting events have taken place. I have decided to start drawing my Social Security now instead of waiting till I am 66. The effect is that I will get less money each month but for a longer period of time. In my case we decided it would be to our advantage. I intend to keep working but less hours each month. There is a limit you can earn and still receive SS at early retirement.

The most fun event on my birthday was the Salsa Dance class, Carol and I attended. We have a new friend who teaches Salsa Dancing and he offered to give us a free lesson because his regular class is full with a waiting list. Our friends Max and Nancy went with us and it was a HOOT! We learned five basic steps. Now if we can just remember them long enough to use them. I think we are going to practice at home to see if we can actually still do them before venturing out in public.

On the ego-boosting side several of my friends paid me a complement on learning of my birthday, by claiming to think of me as the same age as they are. They are in their mid forties. Thanks fellows.

2 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

62! Wow!
I am glad to read that you are learning to dance. Will you all be on "so you think you can dance?" or "America's got talent"?

Happy birthday
Ron

11:02 AM  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

Salsa? Sweet! This I've gotta see.

I can't believe you are old enough for SS.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home