From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I didn't know that was there!

I don't know how many times I have read about the birth of Jesus and have totally missed the faith shown by Joseph.
Matthew calls Joseph a righteous man, which meant he was a strict follower of the Torah. Think about this situation where he finds himself. The woman he is to marry is pregnant. If he wasn't responsible for the baby and he wasn't, then she had to have had a sexual relationship with some other man. He couldn't marry someone like that, even if it wasn't her fault according to the Torah and he followed the Torah. Yet the angel said God was responsible, and that is beyond belief. What a choice! Chose between following the Torah, the most important belief in his life, and what an angel said God wanted. How could he go against the very guide that had governed his entire life up to this point? In addition the rejection from his friends and family would be tremendous. Yet he chose to follow God and endure the persecution, what faith!

I pray as Paul did for the Ephesians, that God will open the eyes of my heart and let me continue to learn from God's word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home