From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Vicariously Experiencing Tulsa

This past week I have been listening to several CD's from the Tulsa Workshop and thoroughly enjoying it. I was not able to go but we sent Gerry and he brought back a bunch of stuff to listen to and watch. During our Wed night fellowship meal we have started watching DVDs from Tulsa, our own little "dinner theater."
Here is a list of the ones I have listened to so far:
- Joe Almanza. He is not the polished speaker, just someone who goes out and mingles with people sharing Jesus. Listen to him if you get a chance.
- Bob Russell, Christian Church preacher, had good things to say about unity.
- Jeff Walling is always challenging and entertaining.
I am also reading Principles of the Reformation by Robert Richardson. I find it encouraging that the content of his writings in the 1850's is the same as I am discovering today. It is also sad that it has taken our group 150 years to get back to where the restoration started.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

John,
I loved Richardson's book. Challenges us to look at our history--doesn't it.

We miss going to Tulsa. It was always the joy of our hear to go and listen, eat at Casa Bonitas, and hear the singing. I heard the workshop was good this year.

Bob Russell has a great book on Church Growth. I think it is When God Builds a Church. It is very practical.

Ron

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home