From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Friday, April 07, 2006

How to Get Noticed at Easter


We have a new(?) discovery with the Judas gospel. I don't have a lot of comments, but there was just one quote that really stood out.
"You will be cursed by the other generations — and you will come to rule over them," Jesus tells Judas in the document made public Thursday.
One of the criteria used to determine if a document should have been in the canon was, did it agree with the teachings of the rest of the documents. As I remember Jesus never promised that one of this disciples would rule over others. The admonishment was to serve others not rule. Even James and John who begged for special positions were denied. Just being ancient doesn't mean it is factual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home