From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Mystic of the 12th Seed Continues


The mystic of the 12th seed continues. Yesterday two 12th seeded teams, Texas AM and Montana beat two number 5 seeds. There is another chance today for a no. 12 to win. If I was a coach I would be afraid of receiving a no. 5 seeding. It was a good first day with several close games and not as many blowouts as would be expected just looking at the rankings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Hill said...

Yeah, tourney seedings belie the true equality found amongst the top 40 or so teams. Once you get to that level--anyone can win. Probably why it is so compelling to watch. That and the fact that on each possession your back is against the wall. Playing from such a pressure-filled position it is not always the players with the most skill that succeed, but instead the ones who can play under these conditions. Few other sports, (the Olympics being an obvious exception), give athletes with this ability to handle pressure such an advantage.

Good stuff.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home