From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

60:60

I trying something new to increase my awareness that God is with me all the time. I know this intellectually as do all Christians, but I want to make it real. Every hour I ask myself "Where is God?" The answer, right beside me of course. Then I ask, "Have I acted as he would want the past hour, and what can I do he would like the next hour." I am doing this because I find it too easy to separate my life into secular (so-call real life :>)) and spirtual, the special times I set apart for God. There really shouldn't be a separation, so I am trying to begin a habit of constantly being aware of God at least in the background of my mind all the time. I am going to do this for 60 days and see what happens. I do lots of things by habit why not add a good habit.
A visit to the doctor's office yesterday provided me with abundant opportunity to ask God to help me with patience.


This cartoon of a appointment book visualizes the respect a doctor I saw yesterday has for being on time for his appointments. Why do doctors think you have nothing better to do than spend forty-five minutes in the waiting room and then another twenty minutes in an examination room? This was a new doctor for me and will probably be the last time I see him. There was a sign-in sheet where you list your name, the time you arrive, and the time of your appointment. I noticed there were 5 people scheduled for 9AM and I was the last one to sign-in, consequently I actually got to see him 1 hour later. Why not space them out, I wouldn't have minded at all waiting to come 45 minutes later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home