From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

A new adventure

I have heard that keeping your mind active and learning new skills will slow the aging process at least for your mind. Well, I am trying out this theory. This week my job changed from just a mattress salesman to selling major appliances, wood furniture, and some TV's. I have moved from the Cody store to the store in Powell. This store carries everything including beds. For a small town, our store does quite well. We carry Whirlpool, GE, Maytag, Frigidaire, Amana brands of washers and dryers, refrigerators, stoves and dishwashers. All items I have to learn the features to.

I am also exploring new thoughts on being a disciple of Jesus. This is truly a challenging time for me but also a very interesting time. Some people I know have become angry, discouraged, withdrawn, (pick a negative adjective) when they started challenging some of their lifelong held traditions, to me it just made me more committed to God.

This is a good time and God is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

God bless in this new season of life.

peace.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home