From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Why did Jesus Come?

Mike Cope had this question on his blog today, "We continue to face a most fundamental question of our faith: Why did Jesus come?" What a wide open question! I think one of the best answers is Jesus' comment recorded in Luke 4:18-19
18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

He came to do more than just die for our sins. He came to show people what the Father was actually like outside of the 613 laws contained in the Torah. He taught discipleship that affected people's everyday life for three years before he died for our sins. I need help today and I would guess you do too. The good news is, God is here, today. I have this little saying I go through several times a day, "Where are you God? Oh yeah, right here beside me."

Why did Jesus come? To be with me today and in the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Johnny,
Yes, John 1:18 tells us that Jesus came to tabernacle (dwell) among us. God truly is with us in Jesus.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

The cross is powerful... Yes! But it was everything that Jesus did that makes the cross so loud. As if every healing, every touch, every word points to the cross. So the cross is backed by more than just being a tool of death. It's life.

peace.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home