From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Getting involved in God's work

These thoughts are definitely a work in progress. I am posting them to see if they make sense when read from a text and not just in my mind and to let others comment.

Getting in involved in God's work sounds like such an open ended statement, and I suppose it is. As I contemplate what God's work might be, I have this nagging thought in the back of my mind - to be careful and not try to take charge again. With that in mind a question to ask is, "Would continuing to do what Jesus told his disciples to do, be doing God's will?" I think so, but also realizing that my abilities and gifts from the Spirit may be different. Jesus generally dealt with people within a holistic framework. On second thought, it probably was always holistic and the gospel writers just didn't always include it. Matthew records Jesus as saying he was giving sight to the blind, enabling the lame to walk, curing lepers, raising the dead, and preaching the good news to the poor. That is pretty all inclusive. In Matt 10 when Jesus sends out the apostles he gives them the charge to do the same. After Pentecost both the new and old disciples continued to be concerned about the whole person. Sooooo... Since I believe that the Spirit is working in people's lives and I want to be involved in God's work, I need to be looking and listening for those that the Spirit brings across my path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home