From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Who is in charge?

Just a short post today, but an intriguing one I think. Normally when you ask someone to help you with a project even if they may know more, you are the one in charge, because it is your project. So when the church asks God to help them with a project, who is in charge? When we ask God to let us help Him with the work He is doing, who is in charge?
In the past I always believed it was the church that was in charge of doing God's work and if we asked Him for help then it would be a success. In reality, success often escaped us and we couldn't figure out why. The old saying, "we are God's hands and feet" leads to the assumption that God does not do anything except through us. How prideful of us and limiting for God. I would rather have God in charge, so I am starting to ask God, "What He is doing and will He use me?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

At the national day of prayer this year, Bono said,

"A number of years ago, I met a wise man who changed my life. In countless ways, large and small, I was always seeking the Lord's blessing. I was saying, you know, I have a new song, look after it… I have a family, please look after them… I have this crazy idea…

And this wise man said: stop. He said, stop asking God to bless what you're doing. Get involved in what God is doing—because it's already blessed."


To think, He still loves us.

peace.

5:00 PM  
Blogger KMiV said...

John,
I think that when we pray, "your kingdom come your will be done," we are entering into God's work. God's work is not always done if we don't do it, but we have to enter into God's will. Too often, evangelism is an example, folks have the "whatever happens is God's will," forgetting that God doesn't usually override our will. That is why churches don't grow--not because its God's will, but because we may not have responded to Matt. 2*:18-20; Mark 16:14-16.
Ron

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home