From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Your Definition of the Kingdom of God

I found this link about how you envision the kingdom of God on the Jesus Creed site. Below is my definition of the kingdom according to their questions, of course, but it was a interesting little experiment.

You scored as Kingdom as a Christianised Society.
Christians shouldn't withdraw from the world, but by being present in it they can transform it. The kingdom is not only spiritual, but social, political, and cultural.

Kingdom as a Christianised Society 75%
The Kingdom as Earthly Utopia 58%
The Kingdom as a political state 50%
The Kingdom is mystical communion 42%
Inner spiritual experience 33%
The Kingdom as a counter-system 33%
The Kingdom as Institutional Church 33%
The Kingdom is a Future Hope 25%

I think this definition agrees with my idea that God hasn't given up on our world and He is still offering hope and help to people and is involved in the lives of any one who might possibly listen (even that statement is probably too limiting to what God is doing). Disciples are to be different from the world, but in a way that draws people to God and not pushes them away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home