From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Who You Know, Really Does Lead Somewhere

I am continually amazed at how knowing this person leads you to that person who knows this person who leads back to someone you know. A friend of mine gave me a book to read called "Love, Acceptance, and Forgivness" by Jerry Cook. I read it and was challenged by what he said. A year or so later the same friend invited me to go hear Jerry Cook speak. I went and was again duly impressed by his understanding of loving people. The coincidence is that Jerry talked of ministering at a church called East Hill in Portland OR. They had great success in sharing the gospel and out grew the building they owned. They sold it to the congregation where my oldest son is now a member, interesting connection.

I bring this up because I have just lately read another one of Jerry's books called "Monday Morning Church" and reread the Love Acceptance and Forgivness book and it reminded me of this unusual connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home