From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Less said the better

Wow, it is hard to believe I haven't posted since the first of Aug. I could say I have just been too busy, we have had a week of company, Carol has been gone some and I got a new (to me) motorcycle or I just haven't had anything to say. Most likely the last one.

I have come across a quote I really like, even Carol said this is the way she has felt for a long time. Come to think about it, this is the way Carol actually lives, as you don't get a lot of opinions from her on her beliefs.

“When we were first drawn together as a society,” says he, “it had
pleased God to enlighten our minds so far as to see that some
doctrines, which we once esteemed truths, were errors; and that
others, which we had esteemed errors, were real truths. From time to time He has been pleased to afford us farther light, and our
principles have been improving, and our errors diminishing. Now we are not sure that we are arrived at the end of this progression, and at the perfection of spiritual or theological knowledge; and we fear that, if we should once print our confession of faith, we should feel ourselves as if bound and confined by it, and perhaps be unwilling to receive farther improvement, and our successors still more so, as
conceiving what we their elders and founders had done, to be something sacred, never to be departed from.”


This is from Michael Welfare a founder of the Dunkers in colonial America.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori Ann said...

Glad to see you back on the blog. Good quotes. They really are appropriate.

We thought about you as we sped by Wyoming on our way to Denver.

Ron

7:05 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Lori ann, next time slow down and let us know where you are!
Carol

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home