From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The great LITTLE Things of this life


In the midst of bigger is better, here are a few of the small things that make my life so wonderful.

This morning as I was drinking my first cup of coffee, I realized how good it tasted. This is not a new sensation, I sense it every morning when we have good coffee. I don't need coffee to wake me up, I just like coffee so I drink it, but the first cup from the pot is always the best for me.

Starting off my morning by saying the shema with the Jesus addition is just comforting.

Listening to a short recording of Griffin singing happy birthday to his grandmother, puts a smile on my face and a tear in my eye.

Sitting on the backporch in the evening with a glass of ice tea and a good book, pure heaven.

To look at my wife and see her smile at me is a gift from God.

3 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

I like this post. You are right--the first cup is the best. I am drinking the first cup now.

Thanks John for reminding me this morning that God is seen in the simple things that I neglect every day.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Lori Ann said...

Johnny~
my goal is for ron and i to be just like you and carol when we grow up!!!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

AMEN!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home