From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Gal 2:20

Galatians 2:20 says that Jesus now lives within us and I have always, at least as long as I can remember, believed that he really does, and it was more than just "through the word." However I didn't really associate how that belief would affect my actions/relations with other people. Maybe I thought it just had an internal effect, or maybe it was just one of those good beliefs I hung up in my mind and never seriously considered.

But now I am coming to believe, that if Jesus lives within me then someone ought to be able to look at me and see Jesus. This is not said in a prideful and boastful sense, but humbly as in the attitude of Matthew 25:37ff. This would be one of the greatest complements I could receive, for people to say they see Jesus in me, but it will only happen with the help of the Spirit, and I am praying that He will.

This leads to how I think about people, who are a little different or even a whole bunch different from me. There is this guy who's social skills need some polishing and although he tries to be friendly he comes off awkward, and consequently other people make fun of him. How would Jesus treat him? I wonder does he see Jesus in my relationship with him?

Another related thought, if we are made in the image of God (duh.. of course we are) then when I see another person, aren't I looking at a part of Jesus. I am not quite sure how to say what I mean here, but everyone is an image of God, right? So no matter what their level of our social skills or any other difference doesn't Matt 25:40 still apply?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home