From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Tagged

Here goes with my choices of books

A book(s) that changed my life besides the Bible- I was reading a lot of books at the time my life took a change in direction such as Free in Christ and Free to Accept by Cecil Hook; Split Grape Juice by Mike Root and 12 Steps for the Recovering Pharisee(like me) by John Fischer.

A book I've read more than once- That would be most of the books I own, but I will pick The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers.

A book I would take with me if I were stuck on a desert island. Outside of the Bible probably one of the Foxfire books.

A book that made me laugh- Any of the Calvin and Hobbes collections

A book that I wish had been written- It's not all about me.

A book I wish had never been written- Piloting the Strait by Dave Miller another one of those "my view of the church is the only right one and if you don't agree with me you are going to hell."

Books I have been meaning to read- The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer,
Why I Am Afraid to Tell You Who I am by John Powell, New Perspectives on Paul by N.T. Wright

I'm currently reading - Every Man's Battle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home