From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Fun weekend

Last weekend we had a great time. Some friends invited us out to dinner and to go to the ballet. Dinner is normal but the St Peterburg's Ballet Company (as in Russian) is not normal for Cody WY. It very good at least to my untrained eye. My basketball mind marveled at the vertical leap of the men, talk about being able to slam dunk. Apparently that is what the men do, leap and spin the women. Dancing on your toes must take a lot of skill and strength. They were quite amazing.
Saturday it warmed up to about 60, so a friend of mine and I went for a motorcycle ride. It was so nice as we rode through the country. Harvest was finishing up so there were few trucks on the road. The only wildlife we saw though were some antelope far in the distance. Then the wind picked up and we had to really lean into it to stay vertical, of course the fun came when we passed a row of trees that cut off the wind and we had to quickly change the lean. It is all part of living in Wyoming, plenty of wide open spaces and consequently nothing to slow down the wind.

Then Monday it turned cold and has stayed that way, brrrrr. There is hope for the weekend though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home