From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thank You God for the Land I live In



I had a great time this 4th of July, but then I usually enjoy the 4th. We slept in a little and then had a good breakfast. I worked in the yard in the morning. I laid some more of our kiln bricks, this time around a corner of plants in the front yard.

Then as I was getting ready to eat some lunch and take a break, Max rode up and wanted to go somewhere. After a glass of ice tea off we went to Red Lodge MT. It has been pretty hot and still was on Wednesday, so we opted to head towards the mountains and cooler temperatures. It was a nice ride, the wind wasn't blowing hardly at all, riding vertical as opposed to 45 degrees is a lot more fun. The wildlife was sparse as I only saw 3 antelopes. There is nothing quite like riding between fields that are being irrigated, the smell and the coolness are great. The traffic wasn't bad either for the 4th.

That evening the church had a cookout as usual, but this time it was at Jimmy and Amy Park's place. They moved here about 6 months ago and have a nice 20 acre spread. The food and fellowship were great and nobody was hurt by the fireworks, a very successful evening.

I thank God daily for our home, the country, the state, and our local area. I often wonder why I am so blessed. Father help me to care for what you have given me and to use it for your glory.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Hill said...

That sounds like a fun trip, and a fun day.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnny, I didn't know that you hadn't had lunch! Max

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home