From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Using beliefs to make choices

Two standards that I am trying to live by are,
(1) loving God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength,
(2) loving my neighbor as I love myself.
When situations come up and choices have to be made, I am trying to use these standards to make my choices and I am trying to encourage others to do the same.

In our group we are considering whether to have a preschool in our building. It will be run by one of our members but not officially associated with our group. We will "rent" them space for the extra cost of utilities, insurance and other obvious expenses. If we do this it will require giving up some space and other things I am sure we haven't thought of. Of course some are all for it and others are hesitant. No one has come out absolutely against it, not yet any way. So I am thinking how do my standards apply in this case, or do they? After thinking about it I am going on the premise that they do. Will the preschool promote the love of God? It can and I firmly convinced the woman running it will make that a priority. It may be a way to provide us opportunities to show God's love, by loving others.

A vital issue we will have to deal with is - how our group handles the questions raised about the preschool. Will the questions be asked in a respectful way and will they be answered without defensiveness? Whatever is decided will work, if we seek to match our desires with God's.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Here's another question that I think churches with pre-schools miss.

"Will the church love the school, staff, kids, and their parents unconditionally and help them feel like part of the church? Will the staff feel appreciated and provided for financially?"

Sorry--I guess that's 2 questions.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home