From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Texas Trip


We made our big Texas trip last week to see my brother and his family, my favorite aunt, and a whole bunch of other relatives. It was a long trip, we covered around 2500 miles in 9 days. The travel part of the trip was fine, except for the road construction delays that were almost solid from Colo Springs to Amarillo or so it seemed. The weather was cool as it was overcast most of the way, much different than normal. We saw a lot of different kinds of scenery, but decided that our local mountains are still more beautiful. We didn't do any real sightseeing, we just went to see the people. While in Austin we just hungout with my brother and went with them to a few places. We went to a Home Depot where we bought something we have been needing., a swimming pool store (he has a new pool) and a music store where we got something too. We only ate out once, after church on Sunday. We went to visit and get and give updates on our respective families. It was a fun time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you and Carol had a great time. I only wish Jason and I could have joined you on the road. Perhaps another time.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

That would be a great adventure, Christa. Wheee family road trip again.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home