From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Senior Night Out


Our big night out to celebrate my birthday, was to go see the new Harry Potter film. Yes, there are some benefits of being "seniors" cheap movie tickets. There are just some movies that have to be seen on the big screen. Harry Potter is one of them. In my opinion it is the special effects that make these movies. The story is great too, but you have already read the books, so it is no great surprise. The casting of Dolores Umbridge was excellent, the villain du jour. I thought Imelda Staunton played the character to perfection. The name again is so clever for the character. For all those people who are upset about witches, get over it, it is only a book of fiction.

2 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Amen, Amen. It was a great movie, although I felt that Imelda seemed to represent the rigid, graceless, effects of--maybe--English religion/Christianity.

Glad you enjoyed the movie.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on to the "only a book of fiction."

I still remember reading some detailed explanation of why Harry Potter was evil and Charlotte's Web wasn't. Crazy stuff.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home