From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Borders in the yard

I think the jungle is finally under control, there is still work to be done, but the grass is mowed, and the weeds in the garden are pulled. I have even been able to lay some more of our kiln bricks around two more areas.


The picture to the left separates a corner by the sidewalk and driveway. The bricks are laid but all the grass and weeds haven't been pulled yet. It was easy to mow around today which was one of the objectives. The bricks are also big enough they can't be easily moved and they make a clear distinction between the grass and the plant area.



The picture on the right is a little hill that I made near the house. We intend to put plants on it to add permanent color as opposed to planting new flowers every year. The walkway leads back to the valves for the sprinkler system.

Thinking about our yard as I write, it seems as if we are going to a lot of trouble to make separate areas in our yard and I guess we are. I am afraid we do that with lives too. We have a tendency to compartmentalize our lives, which can lead to trouble if we separate God out of some areas of our life. When we talk about the secular and spiritual aspects of our lives, I think we are making a mistake. I believe a disciple only has a spiritual life. Our Christianity has to penetrate all areas of our lives, to receive the blessings that God provides for us. So borders are fine for my yard but not my life if they are used to keep God out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home