From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Original Bread Maker


I make a lot of bread, in fact almost all the bread we eat I make. My bread machine produces a round loaf that we cut in half lengthwise, that why the loaf in the picture may look a little strange. The other night after I mixed together the ingredients for another loaf, I thought I wonder how or even who figured out how to make bread. Why does flour, yeast, oil(I used applesauce), honey and water make such a delicious food. How many times did they have to experiment to get something they liked or even eat? I am experimenting with different flours and other ingredients some to great success.

If you think that is fascinating, just think of who created the wheat, yeast, and honey in the first place. I am just in awe of all that God has done. I think it's the little things that work so well together that impresses me the most. Don't get me wrong I am certainly impressed by the major events in our world but these would not happen if it weren't for the small things that make them possible. Rainbows are beautiful and majestic but without the water droplets there would be no rainbows. Just a dash of salt or some other spice is the difference between a bland dish and a flavorful one.

My amazement of God is just beyond my limited vocabulary. Thank you God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home