From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Friday, April 11, 2008

A sure sign of Spring


This past Monday I took my bike out for a ride, or should I say my bike took me for a ride, or I took a ride on my bike. Oh well, I had a good time. It was a bit cool at 65 mph, but okay as I didn't ride too long at a stretch. By way of explanation this picture was from last summer. This weekend is supposed to be even nicer (we will see).

Reading over my first sentence explains why I think we have such trouble communicating with each other. I know what I meant to said, but each of those phrases carries a different meaning. Too often, offenses are taken when none is intended. Are we just always expecting a criticism or an abuse to come our way, so no matter what is said I take offense. I would think if we know the love of God and are returning it - in part - by loving others we would assume a good intent until proven otherwise. That sounds like a good idea (if I do say so myself) and I will work on thinking that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home