From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Simple BUT powerful word

.
This picture was taken from our front porch on a Monday. Just by looking at it, you would guess it was taken sometime last winter, but that was not the case. I took it yesterday April 21. Welcome to spring time in Wyoming, but I am not complaining because last year at this time we had 2 feet of snow, that's right feet not inches.

Another but is this Lands'End catalog we just received featuring swim suits and I am putting on two layers of clothes just to stay warm.
This is one of the few times I could almost (just almost) wish Al Gore was right about Global Warming, which he is not at least to the extent he teaches.

The use of "but" usually entails a disagreement or disappointment with the current situation or statement being made. It is often used when we want to avoid doing something or changing an opinion, not a good usage.

I like the way Peter used "but" in Luke 5:4-5. His usage is a positive one - I don't want to do what you say, but I will because you say it.

I guess I am easily impressed with word usage, but I will stop here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home