From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

weekend events

I went to visit a friend in the hospital a couple of times this past weekend. I was shocked to hear about all the snafu's (old military term for goof-ups) that had happened. Doctors with different opinions, nurses coming in to do something that had already been done, thinking he was someone else. The excuse given him was that there were substitue nurses and doctors working. Good news is, nothing bad actually happened. I was comparing that with my experience in a different hospital. As I remember nothing like that happened to me, but I will admit I wasn't always aware of what was happening. I do know neither Carol or my sons who were there mentioned anything like that and they were watching for such things. Maybe it was because I was in a much more specialized area, the heart monitoring section.
The medical field appears to in need of more workers, I wonder if it is only going to get worse as the baby boomers get older and need more medical help? Anyone looking for a new career?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jason Hill said...

I'm looking for a new career. Don't know if I could bring myself to go back to school though...

11:52 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

I don't know that going back to school is required, you seem to have done quite well with OJT. On second thought maybe medicine in a little different.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

All you seem to need is the do-it-yourself home heart surgery kit.
http://whyfiles.org/028heart/home_transplant.html
Carol

12:25 PM  
Blogger KMiV said...

I think I would have to say that I will be one of those filling the nursing homes one day!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

Mom, that cracks me up. I'm not sure they let folks in the medical field train on the job. Hope you guys are enjoying the grand-babies!

11:11 PM  
Blogger wyowoman said...

Hi - just wanted to let you know I'm reading your blog :)
Kristin
And I guess I created a blog so I could post this??

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home