From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Driving for Eleutian



Since the last week of March I have had a fascinating job. I have worked as a driver for a company called Eleutian which is based in WY amazingly. They have been teaching English to Koreans, mostly students but some adults too, over the Internet. Not quite a year ago they brought over 30 Korean teachers, who teach English in their schools, to teach them how to become better English teachers by immersing them in an all English environment. We hosted one of the teachers for six weeks in our house last Jan and Feb. The first group went home and now we have a second group of teachers.

I have been driving them back and forth between Cody and Powell along with two other drivers. It is interesting to talk to them, because they know English quite well but need help with their pronunciation which is what they are here to learn. They are taking classes at our college and living in the dorms this summer and next fall. In Jan they will again go to live in local homes and do practice teaching in the local schools. I also get to take them to do fun tourist activities.



This past week we went to SD and visited Mt Rushmore and several other attractions in the area. It is a fun job, I enjoy it and it pays well - what more could you ask for.

15 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Wow, that sounds like a great job. I bet you enjoy it!

I think it is great that other countries have their folks come here to teach and practice their English.

I wonder if their English is better than ours.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Their English is more formal in that it doesn't have the slang or idioms we use, but then those tend to make our language more colorful. They often ask how would I phrase an idea. I try to expose them to idioms I use, but I also explain they are regional and not all Americans use them.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Compounding Pharmacy said...

I find articles like this irresistible for they tackle different issues about our society, news, events, adventure, personal ideas and stories which are very beneficial to a reader like. I anticipate more great reading materials from you guys. Your articles really rocks! I hope to read more from you!
Compounding Pharmacy

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love to read articles which are very informative and the topics are based or concerned with the current issues in our society. I admire these writers in sharing their views and or opinions that can enlighten the mind of the readers. Great job!
-----------------------------------
Gold

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Hydroponics said...

I’m very glad that a writer like you invests your time in a meaningful and useful way in which you share your knowledge with the people around you especially us bloggers. I will continue reading your post for it tackles different issues in our society that keeps me interested and go on reading the rest of your articles. This certain article talk about the current issues that is interesting in nature. I salute you for writing informative post and sharing your wisdom. Kudos!

7:06 AM  
Anonymous SEO Rates said...

Thank You for the post. I love to read interesting post that has knowledge to impart
I hope to read more articles from you and in return I will post also my articles in the
forum so that others can benefit from it. Keep up the good work!

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Internet Law said...

Thanks a lot for the post!

10:20 PM  
Anonymous UNLV Dating said...

I admire writer that wrote remarkable articles that are really useful to the readers and bloggers like me for you teaches many lessons and provide endless useful information. Hope to read more from you guys and Thanks a lot for the post! I look forward for your next post.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Hydroponics said...

It was an amazing article! A writer like you should be given credit for your dedication to work as your provide good quality articles with the good purpose. I like to read such articles for they tackle different issues in our society as well as different practicalities and knowledge that a certain person should or must know. I will keep reading your next post that will be an interesting article again as usual.

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Capital Loans said...

I really love to read some articles that have great positive impacts on its reader and benefit by reading such article especially concerning Gold and the stock market. I admire these writers in sharing their views and or opinions that can enlighten the mind of the readers. Great Job and continue inspiring readers.

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Hydroponics said...

I really love to read some articles that have great positive impacts on its reader and benefit by reading such article especially concerning Gold and the stock market. I admire these writers in sharing their views and or opinions that can enlighten the mind of the readers. Great Job and continue inspiring readers.

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Small Business Cash Advance said...

Thanks for the post!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great Post and wealth of information, we have college students that are in botany classes and will pass your blog article on, as you cover the information great!
hydroponic

11:43 PM  
Anonymous fat singles said...

I appreciate your intelligent ideas and thoughts right here. I recommend your ideas and suggestions to my
friends.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Jenney said...

I am quite excited that I came across this website. I did not find out any other informative site on this subject matter prior to visiting your site. This is one of the best websites I have ever come across. I hope you never stop writing informative articles.
Houston Home Security

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home