From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Activity for the Week - 8 seconds is an eternity


Last Friday Eleutian took our Korean teachers to the Cody Nite Rodeo. A rodeo is something that is unique to North America with some presence in Mexico. It is definitely a western experience you won't see any where else. It is based on skills necessary to run a ranch and started out as just a fun competition during roundup season with some side-bets I am sure. It has now become a major entertainment event.


I tried to explain what was happening and why to the ones sitting next to me. Like always a lot of pictures were taken. The night we went was a PRCA sanctioned event so we had cowboys from several states, although more were from Montana than any other state that night. They kept it moving right along so there was something always happening to hold your attention. I have not been to a rodeo in a while so I was surprised to see and hear the clown with a wireless mike. He was very entertaining. There were the usual events with good competition.

I had a good time and so did out quests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home