From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Choices

We face choices every day. Some have inconsequential results and others have results affecting the rest of our life. God has given us salvation and it’s our choice to accept it or not, with eternal consequences. Choosing to be apart of a specific group of believers is a choice, with life affecting consequences. Choices can also bring responsibilities. When I chose to become a disciple of Jesus, I committed to following Jesus wherever that might lead. I agreed to let Him teach me how to live. I expressed the desire to have a relationship with a God that wanted to have a relationship with me. I said, “I need help, guidance, and encouragement.” My God replied, “I love you.”
I have often wondered just how does He love me? One way is by providing a group of disciples in Powell to join. This means I can be committed to Jesus and this group at the same time, because God is responsible for both. It is easy to be committed to Jesus because of His holiness. It is not a relationship of convenience. It is a relationship that endures through the good and bad times. The more I trust Jesus with my life, the more He can bless me. The same appears to be true in the group. As I share with them, they share with me. As Jesus seeks my good in all things, why wouldn’t I seek the good for others?
My prayer for us is to choose Jesus as our guide in our relationships.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Johnny,
This is true. If you notice ever since the Western church and Eastern church went separate ways (around the 3rd-4th Century) Christianity has lost the Eastern view. Western culture emphasizes individualism, ration and reason, and power. Eastern culture emphasizes community, consensus, transformation, and empowering others.
Choices for Western culture are personal. Choices for Eastern culture involve others. I guess you can see where American Christianity tends to fall.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home