From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Seeking God's Help

I suggested to our group today that we spend the rest of the year in prayer seeking God's help in the direction He wants us to go next year. Hopefully we will be able to overcome the "but" problem and not let it stifle us. We haven't always being very good at letting the Spirit lead us because our tradition of always needing to be right has lead us to being very proficient in using the "but" option. I currently am of the opinion that if a group of disciples are praying for God's guidance then what they decide on will be something that God can use or else He will block it. So if we feel God-lead, let us do it. If we are not of God, He will stop it. This is the advice Gamaliel gave the sanhedrin. God Fulfills

1 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

John,
I think vision is one of the things lacking in most Christians and leaders. You are doing great to encourage this. Thanks.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home