From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Christmas Happenings

I can't believe its been a week since I have written anything. A lot has happened so I better get started. Last Wednesday was our 36th wedding anniversary. We "celebrated" by going to our regular Wed night fellowship dinner, but this one was special as a couple of members decorated the room, the tables and fixed a special meal. They do this every Dec. Being together every Wed for an informal meal and gathering is so good. It provides an opportunity for relationships to develop that are important to an healthy group.

Friday, Carol and I took off for Denver to spend Christmas with all our boys and their families. Our newest grandson Adam is growing and Kim says he is such an easy baby. The weather was really nice and as a result there wasn't enough snow to go sledding, so we spent 2 hours in the car bonding (really it was fine). The Christmas eve service we attended was enjoyable and inspiring. We had our traditional Christmas eve supper, chili and seafood chowder. We try and cover all taste. As usual Carol did an outstanding job. In fact it seemed as if we were always eating. Kim and her Sous Chefs did a great job.

We left early Tuesday so Carol could get home and perform that night. Her small group Driftwood and Roses was a big success. It was actually a paid gig.

To finish out, I am back at work with not too much happening this week so far.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Glad you had a good week. Congratulations on 36 years. You both make a wonderful couple and all 4 boys are great men.

Did you get snow?
Ron

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home