From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Scary Questions

The following questions were asked by Sam Middlebrook on another forum based on Rom 2:17-29. How would you answer these? Here are my answers.

1. Do you ever boast that all is well with you and God? Do you boast because of things you've done, or for things He has done? (v.17)
I thought I was doing pretty good in this area several years ago until a young guy I was trying to talk to told me I was smug and arrogant. Wow, was that a wakeup call. Since then I think I have had a change of heart,(putting my trust in Jesus not myself) that has also hopefully changed my demeanor. Sometimes it is hard to tell if you are doing what you want. This is where friends that hold you accountable can be of help.

2. What is one thing in your ministry that you "preach" but have a hard time "practicing"? (v.21)
Being relational outside my close circle of friends.

3. What is the heart change that the Spirit has brought about that is identifying you as a believer and follower of Christ? (v.29)
I think it involves my other answers. I am a disciple of Jesus not some group. My salvation is in Jesus not my membership in a religious group. Don't misunderstand me I am a member of a group and think it is beneficial but my trust is in Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home