From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Goal of Leadership

Based on a question Kmiv asked,(see it in comments) I am expanding my thoughts on the second half of yesterday's post.

I do believe in holding others accountable (including myself). Leadership is to make everyone aware of sin and help them overcome it Gal 6:1. I guess one of the problems I have experienced is what we call sin, strange as it may seem. I don't believe the violation of tradition should be classified as a sin. I believe sin only includes items that are harmful to us. If that is true, then whatever God tells us to do will be for our benefit. Leaders whose actions are filtered through the concept of "I must be in control and have power" don't have a good understanding on what is harmful and beneficial for others.
Maybe another way of saying this is, what is a leader's goal. Is it to make sure everyone is obeying all the rules of the church, or is it to help everyone experience all the blessings of God and avoid harmful actions? It is a matter of attitude and the heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Thanks John--I guess I believe that good leadership "empowers" others to be better, mature, and develop. While some think that this is like the military "whip others into shape" I feel it is about teaching people to make right choices. Is the goal of leadership obedience in others or helping others stand on their own feet to choose whats right--even long after we are dead and gone.
Ron

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home