From Over the Hill

Blessed by a compassionate God with, a loving and supportive wife, four believing grown sons, three great daughters-in-law, and two precious grandsons so far.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Powell, Wyoming, United States

I am thankful God has let me live long enough to learn that relationships are the most important part of life. Now I am trying to live that way. I am not always sucessful but I am improving.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Some Feelings from the Past Year

The major event in my life for 2005 was a quadruple bypass heart surgery. But it was only an event that led to other important happenings and changes. Some of this I have recognized and adapted, some is still floating–around. I thought I would list some of the feelings I experienced this last year, although the memory is not always accurate.

Apprehension – Something is wrong with me physically, how serious is it?
Fear – It is serious.
Fear tempered with confidence – Doctors say they can handle it, God says, “I am in control.”
Love – From my wife and family and friends.
Support – From family and friends.
Assurance – It is out of my control but in the hands of people I chosen to have confidence and a God I know loves me.
Pain and grogginess – The breathing tube down my throat and being vaguely aware of people around me.
Joy – The operation is a success and recovery is progressing nicely. Thanks God
Patience – Certain movements are painful, later certain movements are still painful, much later certain movements still painful but not as much.
Concern – The medical bills start coming.
Love – Friends help raise money.
Thankfulness – A way is provided to take care of the bills.
Overconfidence – Tried to do too much, where is that patience?
Normal? – I think not. But that is not bad. More aware of life, probably. A desire to recognize what is important, but trying not to be obnoxious about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home